Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I Fell Off the Face of the Earth...(again)

So, I realize that it's been awhile since I posted, and I said that last time..I apologize for that..sometimes, it can be really challenging being a college student, but I love it so much...sometimes, I loathe being in college, but mostly I  just love being able to express myself and be creative 24/7..I go to sleep thinking about projects, dream about projects, and wake up thinking what projects will I do today? Haha =] Speaking of projects, here are a few of the ones I promised from last time:

One type poster

Second type poster

Take out box for fairytale-themed restaurant; designed to look/open like a storybook =]

Take out box opened

Painting of Venice, Italy I created.

I have more to show you; I just haven't edited the pics yet; hopefully by tomorrow I'll have them up.

Currently, I have MORE projects in the works now! One of my finals it to create a Magazine, and design the nameplate, cover, and the feature spread...I've decided for my magazine to be about vintage living; DIY home projects, vintage shopping and fashion ideas, eco-friendly, etc. I am so excited for that!! If you have any ideas of articles, resources, etc. just leave a comment..any help would be greatly appreciated =] Another project I'm finishing is a colored pencil painting based from the poem called "Where the Sidewalk Ends" by Shel Silverstein: 

There is a place where the sidewalk ends
And before the street begins,
And there the grass grows soft and white,
And there the sun burns crimson bright,
And there the moon-bird rests from his flight
To cool in the peppermint wind.

Let us leave this place where the smoke blows black
And the dark street winds and bends.
Past the pits where the asphalt flowers grow
We shall walk with a walk that is measured and slow,
And watch where the chalk-white arrows go
To the place where the sidewalk ends.

Yes we'll walk with a walk that is measured and slow,
And we'll go where the chalk-white arrows go,
For the children, they mark, and the children, they know
The place where the sidewalk ends. 

I'm so excited about this project =] I'm going to wait until I finish the painting to post it here.

Anyways, I apologize for being so long, but I'm always glad to share my projects and ideas and adventures here =]

Sweet dreams, world!
~Kayla

1 comment: